Friday, January 5, 2018

Let's Talk About Drugs

Yes. I know.

But I'm talking about specific drugs here, and I discovered something interesting. First a little background, as this is a newish, more work-safe area than my personal blog.

My husband Laston was diagnosed in October 2015 with colon cancer, metastasized to his liver. After several rounds of chemo, he didn't make it, and his death in August of 2016 threw us all for a loop. In addition to counseling, etc., my doctor wrote a prescription for Xanax, as needed, for "Primary Grief Reaction: Anxiety." This is also the diagnosis that covered me for FMLA (previously I had been covered as "spouse of patient").

This is not a whine about Big Bad Corporation and how they Done Me Wrong. They may have, but that is not the point of this post. I have plenty of other complaining writing about that whole sitch over at my personal blog.

The point of this post, and this blog in general, is to be more positive about such things.

And to get back to topic, when I got that Rx for Xanax, I wasn't taking it often. Maybe three or four pills a month until the numbness wore off, then five or six. A month. Not too bad. And I usually took a half dose, so that's what? Half a Xanax every three days on average?

Since I was let go from AT&T (November 29th, and today is January 5th), I have had half of one Xanax, and that one was Christmas Eve, after taking an hour and a half to slide on ice home from my aunt's house, which is on top of a fairly large hill. With three kids in a top-heavy mommy-mobile.

I have also had no migraines, not even ah... cyclically, and very few other issues. I'm even sleeping most nights without any aid but the Calm app's Sleep Stories.

Even with the stresses of joblessness and money during the holidays.

That says something important about work at that place affecting my health, does it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment