Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Updates

A Bitmoji cartoon rendition of me, a fair-skinned,
green-eyed, wavy brunette woman wearing blue
and smiling and waving from a laptop screen.
So... here we are again.

Yes, it has in fact been a while. Just over a year, this time.

Not much has changed, really. I still have a bad knee (although now it's the other one so I can't drive at all) and I'm still looking for work in my other major skillset of writing/editing/data entry.

And yes, my default personal writing style is still casual and conversational, much to Grammarly's chagrin.

That said, I am absolutely capable of writing in more formal language, more technical language, or even more flowery linguistic stylings. I'm a big fan of the Oxford comma, ellipses, and choosing the correct synonym; I am also fond of semicolons.

My strongest writing skill is formally known as, "Writing to an end-user audience," but I have always called it, "Translating Geek to English without being a jerk about it."

In any case, yes, I am still looking for work, it must be remote, and ideally it will go through the summer of 2024, preferably longer. I am not interested in continuing my education or sales. Please do consider me for roles that suit these criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment